A Traditional Honey And Turmeric Mask for the Season
Posted on November 05 2015
Growing up, the honey and turmeric mask was always a tradition to me. At Bengali bridal showers, in our culture, we actually go through a process of “beautifying” the bride. Her guests come and put the turmeric mask all over her body and later she is given a formal shower where the guests drench her with buckets of water.
As I got older, I realized this tradition actually came with tons of health and beauty benefits.
The turmeric basic face mask is easy to make and acts as a moisturizer, exfoliator and reduces redness. It also brightens the skin and makes it look fresh and clean.
With winter around the corner, this is the perfect mask. The turmeric is known to give your face a glowy look which many of us lose when we get less sun. Additionally, the honey is an amazing agent that seals in moisture and keeps your skin feeling as soft as a baby’s bottom. This is perfect since the weather change this time of year tends to cause a lot of dryness in skin.
- All natural
- Inexpensive, all ingredients can be found in your kitchen.
- Both honey and turmeric are anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory so they are amazing at treating acne, eczema, rosacea.
- It promotes a lot of healing and anti-aging.
- This mask stains anything around you. Be very careful and ready to make a bit of a mess when making this mask.
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
Milk, Yogurt, Lemon Juice
The process is very simple:
- Prepare your teaspoon of turmeric and teaspoon of honey
- Mix ingredients until the consistency is like a paste
- Apply the mask on your face and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with a gentle cleanser.
- Repeat once a month, and more often if you have acne prone skin
Enjoy ! And feel free to leave me with more questions in the blog comments below.
I would be happy to answer them.